'Media Reports Killed My Grandfather' -Swetha Basu

'Media Reports Killed My Grandfather' -Swetha BasuIn a shocking move, actress Swetha Basu who was arrested on prostitution charges and later acquitted by the court, has made sensational comments after coming out of the rescue home. The actress stated that media's cooked up stories might be the probable cause behind the sudden demise
of her Grandfather.

"My grandfather would have thought that I've really made a mistake. Entire media falsely published a story cooked by some journalist who claimed that I've accepted that I was forced into prostitution. When I was in rescue home, my grandfather left this world and I didn't even made it to his final rites", Swetha Basu said, as reported by a leading Mumbai daily. This is direct accusation that the sensationalism based approach of media houses has ruined her life.

Swetha however clarified that she doesn't want sympathy of any. "I'll act in movies if I deemed fit for the roles offered to me. I don't want opportunities based out of sympathy", she added. A couple of Hindi and Telugu directors, heroes offered her work anyway, and they might rethink about it now. -

Popular Posts