“My parents never made any calls for me” – Shruti Hassan



Shruti Hassan
Actress Shruti Hassan had come a long way with her career in South Cinema. Starting off with a bleak luck in Bollywood’s ‘Luck’, Shruti could not taste pleasant reception and soon after, all her films started bombing one after the other. The pretty face was soon to be written off when Harish Shankar’s Gabbar Singh happened. There was no turning back. Shruti is now the hot property of Tollywood. After hits like Balupu and Yevadu, her demand is soaring high with the producers.

Talking to a leading newspaper daily today, Shruti confessed that it was no easy task to reach where she is right now. “I’m doing my 15th film now. My parents would have seen 2.5 films of mine. I’ve never discussed a script with them to ask them for advice before i signed a movie, nor have they made any calls for me. Every decision has been my own. I love Kamal and Sarika because they are my parents. But nobody buys me a car because of that, and you aren’t flooded with offers either. I’m proud of my lineage, but never really depended on it anyway whatsoever” she said.
Shruti also shared her experiences making a debut as a star kid – “After your debut, it doesnt matter whether your parents are actors or factory workers. All that matters is whether you can get the job done”
The sexy actress is now shooting for two films in Hindi – Gabbar and Welcome Back. She will also be seen opposite Allu Arjun in Surender Reddy in ‘Race Gurram’.
Tha lady who desperately wants to share the screen space with her iconic dad Kamal Hassan states that the irony of life is that she has no dates for her own father’s movies at the moment!

Popular Posts